Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Venture

I have a personal blog, but I've been thinking for awhile about something that I could do to help pass on information about training, management, and leadership in a public safety communications center. A place where people could seek and hopefully find tips and information which would help them in their own centers and with their own staff and/or trainees and perhaps engender some professional development; a place where people in this industry who are in leadership, training, and/or management positions (or those who want to be!) could exchange information and help each other out. And so, this is a starting point: a blog about things going on in our 9-1-1 centers, our public safety communications centers. My goal is to spend at least an hour or two each week writing about something related to training, leadership, and/or management in the center. Hopefully we'll get some participation, some questions and answers, or at the least something to make us think and challenge our perceptions and ourselves to become better.

I'll be thinking of a topic over the next few days, but if there's anyone out there reading this who has something in particular you'd like to read about, know more about, whatever, please comment and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent idea Sara! I will see what I can think of to help out.. I also was thinking about it the other day, but I really miss CTACO..we really got to know each other from other departments that way and had a good time. We are, after all, one huge family regardless of department :) I would like to see if we could start something like George did years ago..

    ReplyDelete